Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Overcoming Spiritual Death

I am contemplating how the Lord works with us. How long is He patient with us? 3 Nephi 9:13 was on my mind yesterday and it still is today. I have so many things to repent of. Now is the time to repent, truly change, be a better father, husband, home-teacher, better w/ the teacher's quorum, etc. I'm grateful for the Lord's mercy He extends to us but I realize His hand may not always be there. I must be moving in the right direction. I'm grateful for His mercy. I pray for strength to overcome my sins and weaknesses and then be healed by Him. I love this verse:
"O all ye that are spared because ye were more righteous than they, will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you?" (3 Nephi 9:13). This is a continual process over and over again. The more we become like Jesus, the more we see there is to change in our lives. I love Him. I am grateful for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment