Monday, November 28, 2011

Two Ways to React to the Gadiantons of our Day

Helaman 6:20-21 is very interesting how the righteous Lamanites and the Nephites dealt w/ the Gadianton robbers. As I read about these secret combinations, I feel like these political plottings and protecting one’s back from the law etc. is what happens at the white collar level as well as the blue collar level. The Lamanites did everything in their power to destroy these combinations. The Nephites united w/ them and partook of their plunderings. They not only sat idly by but they joined them in their wickedness.

We have to step back and ask ourselves, “as I see these things enter our systems of government and communities, do I sit idly by and allow these things to happen or do I act like the righteous Lamanites and do everything in my power to get rid of such wickedness?” I am awakening and trying to do more to fight these evils. I have a long way to go but at least I’m aware of some things and spreading the word and working in small ways to destroy such wickedness.

I’m grateful I can repent and be better in this regard. But, the Book of Mormon has awakened me and good friends whom God has put in my path have helped me come to the truth of these matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment