Wednesday, September 19, 2018

How To Partake of the Bitter Cup Without Becoming Bitter

I have pondered Elder Neal A. Maxwell’s quote about partaking of the bitter cup without becoming bitter. The talk he gave below shares his marvelous thoughts on this. I also posted a video of Sister Joy Jones who speaks of enticements. The opposition we fear or fight against is so often the perfect curriculum to help us grow and develop and become as Father is. We practice becoming grateful for all things, as the Doctrine and Covenants teaches us to do. Truly, we are grateful as we come to realize how perfectly these enticements come into our lives to nurture us along the meaningful path of mortality. For me, only when I’m focused enough to see through the perspective of becoming like Father have my personal trials been worth facing and seeking to endure well. Otherwise, I truly would shrivel up in bitterness of soul. I’m so grateful for my Redeemer who lifts me up and sustains me as I turn to Him completely.

“Apply the Atoning Blood of Christ”, October 1997, General Conference.
Neal A. Maxwell
Of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
Found here:  https://www.lds.org/general-conference/1997/10/apply-the-atoning-blood-of-christ?lang=eng

Sister Joy Jones:
https://youtu.be/2n0u0MPqWYE

No comments:

Post a Comment