Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Small and Large Plates, 1 Nephi 9

1 Nephi 9

I have decided to do my scripture study and journal on a blog. I hope this will make my study more effective and become a witness for Jesus Christ to my posterity and to anyone else who reads it.

1 N 9:5 Nephi says the Lord has commanded him to "make these plates for a wise purpose in him, which purpose [he] knows not." I have scene the fruits of the writings of the prophets. They have burned a conviction to the divinity of Jesus Christ deep in my mind and heart. I hope my witness will add to their witness.

Here is a great talk from last General Conference about the importance of scriptures. I believe our journals and records may also be viewed as scripture someday. The scriptures are records of the disciples of Jesus, are we not also disciples of Jesus? So "we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and be reconciled to Him" (2 Nephi 25:23).

A great General Conference talk was given by Elder D. Todd Christofferson entitled, "The Blessing of Scripture," May Ensign, from April's General Conference, 2010. Here is the web address:
http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-1207-12,00.html

No comments:

Post a Comment