Friday, February 22, 2019

The Beattitudes - Some Thoughts

I was thinking about Matthew chapter 5 today and a couple questions came to mind that I thought I’d post.. The questions are these:

Is doing what is socially acceptable righteous?
Are doing the works of righteousness the same thing as being righteous?

My thoughts were on the Savior’s life and this beautiful sermon of the beatitudes in Matthew 5. 

Was John the Baptist socially acceptable? How about Noah, Enoch, Lehi, Samuel the Lamanite? 

Jesus taught that blessed are the peacemakers. How did He go about establishing peace? Did He do all things for peace’s sake, or rather, did He do all things for truth’s sake, and as everyone discovers and embraces ALL truth then He knew that it would ultimately lead to true peace?

I wonder when I see His full life before me more perfectly what the full Christ will BECOME for me. He was meek and lowly yet He stood up to all the false beliefs and traditions of the society He lived in. When they falsely accused, misunderstood and misrepresented Him, He truly loved them and had compassion upon them because they knew not what they did.


Truly, Jesus is the answer. I pray for strength and faith to be more like Him. I’m so grateful for Him. I fall at His feet before Him. He has saved me from my sins and I pray for strength to give away all my sins that I might come to know Him more perfectly. Truly, He is the ONE! He is the WAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment