Friday, August 6, 2010

The Atonement is Real!

Sin is REAL sin. Christ REALLY suffered for REAL sin. Satan would have us think that He suffered for petty things where we maybe made a choice that wasn't quite the best, but that His suffering was not for when we actively rebel against Him. Sin is when we have right and wrong before us and we knowingly choose evil. We reject Him and His ways, just like Alma the younger. Alma actively rebelled against the church. But, even Alma, was forgiven and became a great prophet amongst his people.

Mosiah 3 and 4 just filled me with light and gratitude for the Savior. The atonement is real. The Book of Mormon is so plain and clear about the power of the atonement. I feel so much gratitude and it fills my heart as I think about the darkness and emptiness I have felt in sin and then the marvelous light He feels me with after repentance. Then I think of His atonement covering those I love and my heart leaps for joy! The atonement is joy and light. Repentance is joy and light!

No comments:

Post a Comment