Friday, August 20, 2010

Grace

2 Nephi 2:3 is clear that it is only through the righteousness of Jesus Christ, our Redeemer, that we can be saved. Couple this with 2 Nephi 25:23 and there is a good synopsis of grace, mercy, and faith in enabling the powers of the atonement to take effect in our lives. Great verse and great sequence throughout chapter 2. It strikes me that 2 Nephi 2:3 says, "I know that thou art redeemed, because of the righteousness of thy Redeemer...". Because of His loving kindness unto the children of men, I can be redeemed, bought back with a price. He has paid that price.

It gives me hope as I contemplate my weaknesses. There are many that are recurring that I battle with over and over again. It seems hopeless. I have to trust that He really will take my sin away. Ether 12:27 has been a beacon to me before and it is now also. If I continually turn to Him, I know eventually I can overcome these weaknesses with His grace and mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment