Thursday, August 5, 2010

Still, small voice or thunderings

1 Nephi 17:45
“…he hath spoken unto you in a still small voice, but ye were past feeling, that ye could not feel his words; wherefore, he has spoken unto you like unto the voice of thunder, which did cause the earth to shake as if it were to divide asunder.”
I am thinking of my own life and if I am seeking to draw near unto the Lord in complete humility. If I am obedient to His will and seeking more commandments and more guidance then I believe I will feel His words. If I am content (not wanting more) with what I’ve been given, then it will be difficult to hear and feel more of His words. We have never arrived. We can always be of more service in the kingdom. The second part of the scripture talks about the second call, “like unto the voice of thunder.” That reminded me of D&C 88:88-90. If we do not hear the still, small voice, then cometh the judgments of God to wake us up in remembrance of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment