Thursday, June 10, 2021

Forgiving, Loving and Healing Family Relationships

 If you’re reading this you probably know a little about my journey. My siblings and parents and I have wrestled with understanding, loving, forgiving, listening, understanding etc. We all know we want to have a loving relationship but that means different things to different people. 

My brother and I have opened up a new dialogue and this podcast has helped give us a strong base of principles to work from. I’d highly recommend it. I have a lot of hope in real progress toward repentance, forgiveness, understanding and healing through the Lord, Jesus Christ.

If you have left the LDS church for any reason or have a loved one that has, I’d HIGHLY recommend this podcast. It’s an interview between a former mission President couple and their son and daughter-in-law. I believe it accurately shares do’s and don’ts they have learned through years of troubling relations to where they are now of truly loving each other but still disagreeing on fundamental beliefs. 

I have wrestled because many say they love me and my family but they are unwilling to listen to understand me, which doesn’t feel like love to me. I have also been insensitive to the magnitude of the doctrines and beliefs I’ve shared that feel like an atomic bomb has dropped by me on my extended family and friends. This interview gives some great advice!!!! Again, please listen and share. I have more hope for my relationship with my extended family than I have in many months. 

 https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cDovL2xlYWRpbmdsZHMuY29tL3BvZGNhc3Qv/episode/aHR0cHM6Ly9sZWFkaW5nc2FpbnRzLm9yZy8_cD01MTA4MQ?ep=14

No comments:

Post a Comment