Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Deseret Book Supports Waving Gay Pride Flag for LDS Members

I’ve enjoyed a lot of CWIC Media and his scriptural insights. He is generally an apologist for the church. I appreciate his concerns he shares here about Deseret Book promoting and supporting gay pride: https://youtu.be/cjgIdcpfLPk


I saw this SEEK ad a few days ago by Deseret Book. CWIC Media is usually an apologist for the church. He doesn't make the connection between Deseret Book and the church. The CEO of Deseret Book is Sheri Dew, former Relief Society General President for the church. Wendy Nelson and Sheri Dew are very good friends. Deseret Book is a wholly owned subsidiary of Deseret Management Corporation (DMC), the holding company for business firms owned by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church)I would put forth that Deseret Book is very careful to promote what the brethren approve of. 


I believe it goes hand in hand with the Relief Society General Presidency promoting a queer ward young women’s president at BYU Women’s Week. I posted that here: http://bilbaochristian.blogspot.com/2021/11/very-interesting-byu-womens-week-clip.html


I also believe it goes hand in hand with Russell M. Nelson’s affiliation with Skull and Bones and Owl & Key, two secret societies at Utah University. Here is some info on this subject by another LDS apologist: 

https://youtu.be/pKGnM2a9Sj4


If we are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we have to decide if the gospel of Jesus Christ is being promoted, taught and upheld by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or not?


In 3 Nephi 27 the Lord teaches, “…but if it [the church] be called in my name then it is my church, if it so be that they are built upon my gospel.

And if it so be that the church is built upon my gospel then will the Father show forth his own works in it.

But if it be not built upon my gospel, and is built upon the works of men, or upon the works of the devil, verily I say unto you they have joy in their works for a season, and by and by the end cometh, and they are hewn down and cast into the fire, from whence there is no return.

For their works do follow them, for it is because of their works that they are hewn down; therefore remember the things that I have told you” (3 Nephi 27:8, 10-12). 


We have the god-given gift of agency. I believe God expects us to use it to act in truth. When we receive light and truth exposing the light or the dark and we don’t act on it, we lose that additional light. Nephi taught, “they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that receiveth I will give more; and from them that shall say, We have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have” (2 Nephi 28:30).


I pray for all of us to have eyes to see, ears to hear and hearts that know and feel. This life is a test of our character, perfections and attributes. We are our own judges because how we judge and live is seen and known by all in our countenances. It is a challenge to BECOME a true disciple of the Lord, Jesus Christ, and him alone. Walk in his way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment