Friday, May 12, 2023

The God of Truth Who Cannot Lie

 I’ve been stuck on this  phrase in Ether. Right after the brother of Jared sees the finger of the Lord the Lord says, “Believest thou the words which I shall speak? And he answered, Yea, Lord. I know that thou speakest the truth, for thou art a God of truth and canst not lie.”


That’s the phrase, “I know that thou speakest the truth, for thou art a God of truth and canst not lie.”


Ponder on that for a bit, I know that thou speakest the truth, for thou art a God of truth and canst not lie.


When God says you shall see his face and know that he lives, (D&C 93:1 and D&C 88:68 for starters) God is speaking truth. Do you believe him?


The record continues, “Because thou knowest these things, ye are redeemed from the Fall. Therefore, ye are brought back into my presence; therefore I shew myself unto you.” 


What things? Because thou knowers what things? That God is a god of truth and cannot lie, correct? 


If I’m understanding correctly, God is saying that once we really believe him and act in faith, then we will come back into his presence and be redeemed from the fall. If we really believe his words then our trust is completely in him and we will do all things according to his word. At that point we’ve learned the lessons of mortality and qualify to be redeemed. We qualify to rend the veil of unbelief and be brought back into his presence, face to face. That is beautiful! 


A few more thoughts here: https://youtu.be/Q2ubmtXIIYI

No comments:

Post a Comment