Monday, January 8, 2024

Apology

Recently Denver gave a talk entitled, “Understanding Prophecy.” It was really good. At the end he quoted Joseph and then the glossary of the restoration edition of the scriptures. I felt condemned because I’ve shared my D&C 93:1 experience on this blog and on my videos. I honestly don’t even know if it was a second comforter experience, I just know it happened as d&c said it would but I don't know if it was what one would call a second comforter experience. All I know is I still feel like crawling into a hole. I kept it secret for about 20 years but then I felt like I was to share with my wife and then I felt like the Lord wanted me to testify of His reality and so I shared on this forum and the videos. Now I feel absolutely horrible that I may have been deceived by a false spirit to share. I thought about taking my blog down and my videos because I don’t recall exactly which ones I mentioned the experience in. Anyways, I was visiting with a friend this morning and in the conversation I realized an apology should work, I hope. I hope you all will forgive me. Most importantly I hope I haven’t lost the trust of the Lord. I’ve really tried to be careful to balance not speaking out unless the Lord tells you to on any subject but then also balanced with not becoming a sloth by not doing many things of your own free will and seeking to bring about much righteousness in sharing truth. Anyways, I’m sorry and I pray the Lord will forgive me and trust me. I struggle and wrestle to recognize his voice and I obviously have not figured him out nor the spirit of the Lord. Here’s the quote at the end of that talk he shared: Joseph Smith said: “The reason we do not have the secrets of the Lord revealed unto us, is because we do not keep them but reveal them; we do not keep our own secrets, but reveal our difficulties to the world, even to our enemies, then how would we keep the secrets of the Lord?” (DHC 4:479; TPJS, 195; WJS, 81). Elsewhere Joseph admonished: “If God gives you a manifestation; keep it to yourselves” (DHC 2:309; TPJS, 91). The Second Comforter is for one’s individual comfort and instruction. Not for public display or to gratify one’s pride or serve one’s vain ambition. Sacred things tend to lose their luster as they are profaned by being made common. Just as the white snow tends to stain the longer it is trodden underfoot by men, so also does the purity of revelation become denigrated by being revealed without regard to the audience’s preparation and worthiness to learn of sacred things. This is a binding limitation and an essential part of the process. To be qualified, one must be someone who can be trusted to keep sacred things sacred. T&C Glossary, Casting Pearls Before Swine. 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment