Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Doctrine of the Restoration, Alma 41:10

I just read this verse and realized that this verse simply states the doctrine of the restoration. It reads, "Do not suppose, because it has been spoken concerning restoration, that ye shall be restored from sin to happiness. Behold, I say unto you, wickedness never was happiness" (Alma 41:10). I have noticed when I am not at my best, I am not fully happy. I don't want to be restored to any part of my worst self. I want to conquer who I am so I can feel happy and clean again. In the "For the Strength of Youth," the youth pamphlet by the church, the First Presidency wrote, '"Wickedness never was happiness' (Alma 41:10). Truer words were never spoken." I can never feel totally happy until I've repented and become a new person in Jesus Christ. When I revert back to old sins or don't conquer the ones I'm working on, then I feel ashamed and rotten and horrible. I found this to be true at any level of sin: There is no happiness in sin. Truer words never were spoken.



\uer words were never spoken."

No comments:

Post a Comment