Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Traditions of our Fathers

I am reading Helaman 15:1-8. I am intrigued with the message in the Book of Mormon about the traditions of the fathers bringing so many down into sin. I am thinking and asking myself what are the traditions I do because that is the way I was raised and are those traditions in agreement with the laws and principles of the gospel? I really like D&C 93:39. If we are serious about discipleship then we will take a look inward and outward and see what traditions are not drawing us closer to Christ.

I have a lot of traditions that I have that I have developed over the years. Not all are drawing me nearer to God and I seek for the humility and patience to change, to fully repent. I am grateful for my Lord, Jesus Christ, who allows me to change. Helaman 15:7 reminds me that as I change these traditions and replace them with righteousness, my heart will change.

No comments:

Post a Comment