Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Staying in the Fight with Grace to Bring About Zion

 Tonight there is a critical race theory discussion over a group thread I created with our cousins and aunts and uncles on one of the sides of my family. I felt inspired to share some thoughts about what it looks like to not let the Savior heal and how we have two examples of CRT bringing about the destruction of the nephite and jaredite nations. Deep wounds passed on generationally that can only be healed by Jesus and repentance and forgiveness. 

It’s causing me to pause and make sure i’m not reeling because of pain from sin by leaders in the church. I feel I’m working on forgiveness to the leaders and the members of the church who I feel hurt, disfellowshipped and excommunicated me. 


There is a balance. If someone is not willing to repent than i must still forgive but i may choose to not continue in an abusive relationship where lies and abuses are loved and perpetuated. So, do I need to bury the hatchet and quit trying to bring darkness to light? 


I think it's important to recognize false doctrine and unbelief. At the same time, we need to do it graciously. I don’t think I’ve done that graciously all the time. I’ll try and repent of that. I definitely believe we need to bring up those things that are wrong at the proper timing and proper levels to bring about change/repentance. I tried to do that but was continually brushed aside and told to trust the leaders of the church. The more i prayed and searched and pondered, the more i could see the perpetuated lies, the traditions of the fathers that are not correct. I felt an obligation to share so we could eliminate darkness and come fully into the light, as I feel the scriptures instruct us to do. As i did, i’m sure I did it clumsily at times. I’m sorry for that. I’ll try to speak more kindly, with love, gentle persuasion and stay in the truth. 


A good friend shared with me what he said the Lord shared with him. I think it is valuable as we have difficult discussions that must be had. He said something to the effect that we should...

1-Stay in charity

2-Honor agency

3-be malleable, willing to change our position 

4-stay in the fight


These things he shared with me keep coming to my mind and heart. I’ll keep working on it. I think they’re powerful principles to live by. It’s a process to master these. If we are going to create Zion, I think these 4 principles will need to be developed in each one of us.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. Unfortunately most don't want to live by those four things and will stick with tradition and culture over truth and light.
    But we must stay in the fight!

    ReplyDelete