Wednesday, December 23, 2020

The Story of the Faithful

 This is a story of an Amish man that was called to minister at a young age. He started to recognize inconsistencies in their culture and practices when compared to the Bible. 

I have seen a similar road as I have chosen the gospel of Jesus Christ over the church. The Lord has guided me to many faithful Christians. Many of of them have also been at odds with their church but in harmony with God’s word and His Spirit. They share a similar story to this Amish man. Jesus was in harmony with His Father but at odds with the church that He set up with Moses hundreds of years before He came. The Jewish church had fallen into apostasy and could not recognize the Messiah when He came to them. 

It’s interesting how the Lord allows bad things to happen to the faithful in order that they might learn to have no other gods before Him. These idols may be family, friends or church. He said, “ If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters or husband yea, and his own life also; or in other words, is afraid to lay down his life for my sake, he cannot be my disciple” (JST Luke 14:26).

 I can empathize with this man and his family in this film. I believe the Lord is calling His true disciples from all religious church groups. His sheep hear His voice and know Him.

https://youtu.be/ZYGO5dALWVE

May the Lord bless you as you choose Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment